Budget, Plan and Buy.

It is always good to plan before buying big ticket items such as TV (Plasma/LCD), Car, Game Console, Furtuniture, Sofa, Bed set etc. Budget and Planning are cohesive; if you plan more your will buy good stuff with everybody’s blessing (wife, kids, in-laws etc).
Soon after marriage, I took my wife to buy a tv.My budget was $200.00 and I didn’t had any plan which tv to buy. My wife liked Sony model, because she was familiar with only that brand name from India and she wanted that. But I was looking for low end models to fit in my budget. My wife asked me to buy it. I said my budget won’t allow us to buy it, we can buy Daewoo TV model same size as Sony and I argued that we would get $ 100 as mail in rebate. She got angry and whisked away from the shop and sat in the car. So we didn’t buy anything that day. There after. I’m using formula (Plan, Budget and Buy) that first I go for good brand and news.com reviews and then we would narrow one or two models.Finally after debate about pros and cons of the narrowed model, we both will decided on one.Later when I decided to buy a PC , I chose the same formula. For desktop buying experience, I narrow HP or Dell model. Second factor is budget, based on current budget Dell is 100% within my range, but not HP. But drawback for Dell is they don’t have good customer support so I have decided to stick with HP. For the increased budget, I decided to wait one more month for Stock dividends pay back and some interest amount. And used that for the increased budget and we happily bought our current HP desktop with printers. The 10% premium I’m paying for HP was good decision since 2 times I had an issue with CPU cooler buy HP customer support fixed it within a week. I planned to buy Plasma TV 18 months ago, I spent 3 months of researching, 2 months of capital raise, and finally bought Panansonic after 6 months of planning and budgeting. Next planning is for Blueray ,wife didn’t approve it since she thinks it’s still very expensive and early for it.

Comments

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
I appreciate you planning honey..but still a big NO to bluray...:)

Popular posts from this blog

Coupon Crazy

Google's Killer Application.

Uncontrolled Musing