The topic of our discussion was Sachin Tendulkar, a great Indian Cricketer of all time. Positive Thinker always thinks Sachin is going to score 50 runs in any match, Negative Thinker always thinks Sachin is going to duck out. But the reality would be something different. I always stay in between, I used to analysis some factors like who was opponent, who was going to start bowling for Sachin, what was the pitch condition, what was the weather, my recall abilities about Sachin’s performance on the same ground before. Based on my analysis I used to support A or B. If Sachin scores 50 A is happy and we both celebrates the Sachin’s victory, at same time B started dislike the moment and me. If Sachin scores 0 or very low score, me and B start tease A about his performance and A started dislike me and B.
One person’s swing of positive to negative depends on the situations and some intuition. There are several factors involved to change mindset from positive to negative. Since A was always positive thinkers, he is in better shape now, he started a business and quite well off among all of three. The B still not settled in and not that quite good. So I can declare here that positive thinkers always find a good life and career. It seems to me always positive is good and it always bringing good results.
But the disadvantage been always positive is,
- Sometimes they become arrogant after 3 - 4 succession of success. At same time broke after 3 - 4 succession of failure.
- Since they thinking always an outcome of an event should be success, they tend to loose money and money management may be very poor.
- Easy target for cheating and push over.
- They have to learn how to manage unexpected or surprises, other wise they will be in big trouble.
- They see everything negatively and remember negative events only, for example, they try to forget everything about Bill Clinton did as president but try to remember only his sex scandal.
- Attract towards some ideology organizations, easily buy in something radical views.
- Ego driven and ego can be used to outgrow others.