Thursday, February 28, 2008
I think that now Google can declare war against Microsoft office suite. Google has now all replacement products for Microsoft office. Actually now we are expecting a twist from Microsoft that they will release a online based mini office suite to fight against Google Apps.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
I don't know what happened to Sachin Tendulkar, the ball he got out was very simple for him to play, having this many years of experience and genius cricket brain. I think he was bad form since this one day series starts, may be he become overwhelmed with continuous cricket career since he was 17. He can retire one day cricket now and concentrate on Indian domestic cricket to help Indian cricket to find more talented cricketers. Uthappa was good and our million dollar baby Dhoni was very slow to score his runs also cost us this game. But Dhoni wants to stay until the game ends, his intention was good but he just wasted lot of run scoring opportunities.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
"How, then, do you effectively use multiple processors? In most cases the way to go is clustering. Put all the classes into a single process, and then run multiple copies of that process on various nodes. That way, each process uses local calls to get the job done and thus does things faster. You can also use fine-grained interfaces for all the classes within the process and thus get better maintainability with a simpler programming model.”
A master is always one node and workers can be multiple nodes and Master controls job queue and creates set of tasks, put it in shared space and waits for workers to complete it.
here is good article about Master-Worker pattern http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=DistCompute
Monday, February 18, 2008
Ok..flashback ends here. Now we have a open source, well defined and proven, NAM (Network Attached Memory) called Terracotta. Terracotta was there in market since 2006 but it made some buzz recently after it become open source at end of 2006. The year 2007 it got much needed support from open source community and become leader in Java clustring solutions. Here is a good simple introduction to Terracotta from infoQ.
Now question is where to use Terracotta. They are multiple places where ever we need a cache support. Here are some effective usage of Terracotta.
1. Distributed Caches
As per Terracotta.org, "Distributed caches powered by Terracotta can see as much as 100x throughput vs. native solutions, with no changes to existing code." and "Terracotta can support any data structure from simple hashmap to OSCache".
"Terracotta helps to reduce database overload caused by O/R-mapped applications deployed in a clustered environment. Use it to cluster your Hibernate second level cache, or get even more performance by clustering disconnected Hibernate objects."
3. HTTP Session Clustering
"Terracotta is used by Java websites both large and small to cluster web sessions. When clustered by Terracotta, web application session becomes highly available without actually being replicated to every app server in the cluster. This leads to scalable applications especially when used in conjunction with an HTTP load balancer. "
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Now again in NBC today, it is Knight Rider 2 hour movie, this time KIIT is like Windows Vista with compare to early KIIT, which was like Windows 2.0. Integration with spy camera, image matching, solar energy fuel all are advance invention for KIIT. Today KIIT using C21 cargo plane for transportation. This time also I enjoyed the show as I did it 20 years ago as kid.
Saturday, February 16, 2008
I have to give myself some kudos.....Sony's gamble also paid off because they spent large sum of money to promote Blu-ray.
This is good time to buy Blu-ray player. My choice would be Sony BDP-S300 since it is moderate price and best quality among all other players.
Friday, February 15, 2008
Thursday, February 14, 2008
I don't think this actions would speed up global warming.
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
As per following graph from wiki, clearly majority of studios are in favor of Blu-ray but 2 major studios are still with HD DVD. Universal and paramount are leading movie producers and their market share is huge. So best bet would be wait for some more time before making decision.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Now we have to connect the dots, you have the world's first class mobile application and control of unlimited wireless spetrum(700MHz explained here, this is after analog to digital TV conversion free'd spetrum). What you can do with that? We can transfer large set of data over phone to phone, we can transfer a viedo or pictures to any phone if we are running same Android software. So it is something like P2P support for mobile. We can download a Netflix movie in Mobile and watch it in Android movie player. It is inline with consumer-is-winner Google concept.
This is virutally end of Java ME ambition to rule mobile world. Google by-passing Java ME because it is not as fast as Google's expectation and Google is building their own JVM called Dalvik, which is going to be custom virtual machine on top of a Linux kernel.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
- it is just an extension of JVM
- easily integrate with existing java objects.
- no need to deal with 2 different objects.(one for Java and one for Grovvy like JRuby).
- zero learning curve for Java developers to start Groovy.
- easily integrate with existing java web-app frameworks.
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
This is the presentation; I’m waiting for days to understand FLEX better. Nice one.Very detailed and good education for naive FLEX developers with Java background. As he explained, RIA is all about “expressiveness”. Web site needs to be more “expressive” in order to attract and retain users.
- Car insurance accidental information system is good, but he didn’t say what the success rate after FLEX migration.
- His demo application itself tempted to download FLEX SDK beta, FLEXBuilder. He showed how FLEX script acting as a object oriented way and MVC pattern and a component.
- Desktop Vs Web application at deployment time decision is plus for flex application, eBay example is good one.
Message driven collaboration charting also great and requires small bandwidth to collaborate efficiently.
- Debugging at front level may be difficult.
- I hate drop and drag front end approach,but good that they have both code and drop and drag switch over.
- Since all component's source code owned by Adobe, I don't know scope of adding and customizing components as we wish.
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Cool , great season and great games and next season is not far away.
Cricket: India not looking good at this time. Sachin out was heart breaking and unlucky one. Lets hope rain will save India.
Saturday, February 02, 2008
But I'm thinking about who suffered the same issue but can't afford this treatment. They have to die because of this fraud. It is bulls*** and we have to punish this criminals until death before taking their kidney to give it needy and suffering people, they have to prosecute them in separate court not in civil courts. This doctors and criminals doesn't understand chasing money makes them Paranoia, narcissism and attention deficit disorders.Since they are always greedy and chasing money,that makes them to play with lives. Nobody will do this fraud unless they are mentally ill and paranoia.
Friday, February 01, 2008
Here are more informations.
- Yahoo and Microsoft working on this deal since late 2006, their top executives met at undersea, deep inside Amazon forest and Sahara desert to keep this top secret.
- If the deal goes thru, Microsoft said that they will keep Yahoo as a separate entity and will not interfere it's operation. But based on Microsoft's history and creditability they might sunset Yahoo products just to promote their own MSN after 2-3 years. So stop using Yahoo Mail, Flicker and other Yahoo service from today.
- Microsoft also said that they would announce a bid soon, after Google stock hit bottom like Yahoo, and they are saving money for that by adding more bugs in Windows Vista OS.
- The timing of this announcement is really boosting for some pessimistic who suffering from recession blue in wall street. (from Marketwatch)
- This M&A fuels other companies to buy their competitors because Microsoft can foresee market ahead of time compare with their peers. (from CNNMoney)
- If you love graphs here is detailed analysis of MSFT,YHOO and GOOG and clearly MSFT+YHOO is next EXXON+MOBILE.
- Antitrust is always an issue for this kind of deals, but Microsoft lawyers knows that how to resolve it because they have lot of experience with it.