What to do when a wild crazy living next....

I attended one home buying workshop and one thing they mentioned is, buy a house at good neighborhood. Location, Location, Location is main. Especially next door neighbor, I have no clue how to find it and what if a good neighbor moves and wild crazy comes. I think the next door neighbor can be easily ignored and that is not at all an issue.

I had lot of bad experiences with crazy next doors. One time, I bought a lightened entrance tree to place in front of my rented town home, my next door who is irascible, knock our door and asked why did you buy this, because of us they have to buy the same. Oops…what can I do? Is it my mistake to decorate my own home? Or they don’t have money to buy it or too much envious. I don’t give damn about it, what can we do if they are impecunious.

Same happened 3 months ago, one of my friend’s friend’s friend (yea, that’s very funny to find how he got my phone number), called me and asked me that he want to rent an apartment in my apartment complex, he want to know how it was and asked millions of questions, I can sense apprehension from his sound. Ohh...gosh to rent a simple apartment why this guy was so tense? May be he is new to this area, no experience. I don’t know... but I helped him a lot and guess what, now he is living in the same apartment. Now he is very angry with me because I’m buying house as my current lease expiring with apartment.

But we can manage any neighbor but not multi marketing affiliate neighbors. I had that experience also, it was horrible. He would listen only their songs, speech, movies and day in day out, he was on the phone. Fully addicted and he won’t even speak with his wife and kids. He wants to talk with me only about money.... I want to avoid this at all cost. One day I was very close to dial 911 because of his torture.

My point is we no need to spend much time on finding who is our neighbor and how is the location and how is market and what is what what what etc….Just go and feel the place and find the school district and then go, don’t cruise too much about neighbors, you can always sell our current property and buy a new one at any time. It is not a fixed as we are not buying it for full down payment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Neighbors do make a difference when it comes to a family with children.If you are living alone, you don't have to give a damn.But when it comes to kids, it is a different case.I have heard about neighbors not cooperating enough and making life miserable..But to me, i have always been lucky enough to have great neighbors...but again, i know way too many people who don't like theirs...
Thanks Sathya..Yes, you are right that for family neighbors does matters. I'm happy that your neighbors are great.

Subba

Popular posts from this blog

Coupon Crazy

Google's Killer Application.

Uncontrolled Musing