Kurkure thoughts

Kurkure(a hindi word for crunchy) is hot and spicy Indian snack similar to Cheeto, my son picked up its taste when we went to india last time. The same kurkure now available in local Naperville Indian shops, so whenever he comes with me or my wife for Indian shopping,he buys it. But we noticed that he usually buys it for his sister also,he always pick up two packs to give to me or my wife whenever we are ready to check out. As usual today i went to buy some Indian spices,he accompanied with me, as usual i was ready to check out, he gave me the two kurkure packs to check out. But this time shop owner, noticed this pattern and he asked him why he always giving two packs of kurkure to me. He replied that one is for him and other one is for his sister. The shop owner praised that he said to me "see, this is very good nature, he is buying for him and his sister, very good boy,unselfish". A person who was next to me to check out expressed his opinion "he doesn't want to share his pack with his sister, which is why he is always buying for second one". I perceived that statement as a quick jump to conclusion based on a negative stereotype of kids. But as a dad i know that my daughter always likes the "Naughty Tomatoes" flavor of Kurkure but my son always likes the "Green Chutney Rajathani style" flavor and he always buy those two only and if he went the same store with my wife,sometimes she vetoed the snack shopping or allowed only one, he won't buy at all even for himself.


Actually i hate stereotypes from my heart but we are living in 'not perfect society' hence from my brain i think stereotypes are real and okay, most of us use it for various reasons. But the approach of using it is an art. We humankind evolving very fast nowadays. For example, human evolution from 1990s to 2010 is not same as 1900 to 1990. Due to technology advancements,easy access to information and industrial growth all changed the stereotype equation. So my point is,negative stereotype based on something, have to very careful before actually implement/express it. Actually if one is not good at 'abstraction concept' should not try to use negative stereotype towards other human being, it would backfire sooner rather than later. 


A prominent negative stereotype of a dominate community in Tamil Nadu,India is, they can be easily threaten to get things done.But we have to look into historically why the stereotype affixed for them.


1. They were highly depended on British companies for a salaried work. Since India was 90% agrarian community but they weren't physically fit to work in farms.
2. Those days British companies are very limited in India, hence people has to face tough competitions in order to enter a job.
3. British quickly realized this weakness and kind of exploited it cleverly.
4. Due to modernization, the income from temple,veda related income declined for them hence they highly depended on British salaried jobs for living.


Now this era, those negative stereotype can't be applied because of the evolution from those old British days to these technology days. Because now India is a free/open country, there are millions of companies, industries hence a mere salaried job is not an issue like the olden British days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coupon Crazy

Google's Killer Application.

Uncontrolled Musing