KidZui - Web Browser for kids

My 4 and half year old drives me and my wife crazy with his browsing habit, especially after school close. He knows how to start safari and go to youtube and search for "transformers" or "spiderman"( he knows if he types "t" in search box, first one would be transformers) to start watching video clips. We don't want to be strict about it because i don't want to raise him as "computer illiterate" or learn how to sneak in at same time, so we needed some protection. I know our trained software professionals must have thought about it and developed some kid's only browser, but i couldn't find one, that effective and intuitive. Today my wife found one from NBC Today Show, the kid browser KidZui, this is really highly intuitive and must have one. Very funny to see their team bio also. It is subscription based $50.00 / year.It has each kid's own avatar and over 600,000 kid friendly websites.The websites are regulated as per the age.So as soon as my son logs in, all his favorite character's websites pops up.He loves it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yes, the kids are starting on the web earlier and earlier. My one grandson loves to go on Ziggity Zoom www.ziggityzoom.com and have his mom click the pages to read his favorite story there, "Bunbun"... and he is only 18 months old! The other kids 3 and 5 also find lots to do on that site also. I am amazed at their ease of getting around the web, so Kidzui is great.
Anonymous said…
Hi there,

Thanks for the the post! I just wanted to clarify one thing - there are actually two pricing structures for KidZui.

Their flagship program is available for FREE. Then they also have a premium membership that is subscription-based at $5/month or $50/year.

Thanks!
Thanks for visiting bloggiedoggie and for www.ziggityzoom.com
ebo
Thanks and you are right flagship is free but for full version we need to pay $5 per month or $50/year
sukumar said…
i read about Kidzui. nice to know that it works really well with your kid.
Yes...Sukumar...it is good but my kid, you know, learning how to browse youtube from my iPhone.

Popular posts from this blog

Coupon Crazy

Google's Killer Application.

Uncontrolled Musing